Hi lovely people, I hope you are doing well and having a good week. I’m back with another recipe, this time for a delicious smoothie bowl that I just can’t seem to get enough of. My son is no longer consuming dairy so I was looking to make something for him to replace yoghurts.
So I experimented one day and came up with this recipe and my son LOVED it and so did I. I make this a couple of times a week and it is such a treat for both of us. The flavours are so divine. Its so thick and creamy and your body will love all these healthy ingredients.
This smoothie bowl is so full of natural plant goodness and protein that you can have a big bowl of this without any of the guilt associated with less healthy ice-cream options.
Ingredients ( Serves 2 )
– 1 large banana (frozen preferable)
– 10 frozen strawberries
– 1 avocado
– 1 heaped tbsp almond butter
– 1 tsp maple syrup/ agave/ honey
– 7 tbsp almond milk, plant milk of your choice or water
– 1 tbsp chia/ flaxseeds (optional)
– Start by taking your frozen ingredients out 20 minutes beforehand.
– Add all of the ingredients to your blender, I usually add the nut milk first to prevent the seeds sticking to the bottom.
– Blend until thick and creamy.
– Add a small bit of water if too thick.
– Serve into 2 bowls (or if like me, eat it ALL) !!!
– Add toppings of your choice
– Sit back and enjoy xx
♥ ♥ ♥