Hi Everyone, I hope you have all had a lovely weekend and that your batteries are all re-charged for the week ahead.
During the week I made the most gorgeous and indulgent breakfast and I just couldn’t keep it to myself so have decided to share the recipe. The best thing about this breakfast is that it is healthy and so quick and easy to make. So here goes !!!
Ingredients ( Serves 2 )
– 1 ripe banana
– 1 cup of porridge oats
– 1 tablespoon of cacao powder
– Small handful of cacao nibs
– 1 cup of almond milk or milk of your choice
– 1 cup of water
– Half a tsp of vanilla extract/ maca / agave syrup / honey to sweeten (optional)
– Toppings of your choice. For example: Nuts, seeds, blueberries, banana, raspberries etc.
– Mash up the banana with a fork in the saucepan. Add all the dry ingredients leaving some of the cacao nibs aside to use as a topping. Mix all the ingredients together.
– Add the almond milk and water, turn on the hob and stir. Leave on the hob for 5 minutes ( continuing to stir ) or more until the oats have thickened.
– Serve out the porridge oats into two bowls and add toppings of your choice. What I often do is serve my oats into one bowl and keep the rest in a sealed container in the fridge to re-heat the next day. This provides a quick breakfast option when I am running out the door.
This breakfast is super healthy and has fantastic nutritional value. There are plenty of antioxidants and best of all, it is completely plant based and dairy free. It is full of fibre, no nasty cholesterol and will keep you full until lunch.
Please let me know if you make this as I would love to know how yours turns out. If you would like to see more food ideas, I post what I eat every day on Instagram. So don’t be shy, come and say hi. The link is below !!! So thats it for today. I hope you are all well. What is your favourite breakfast? I’m always open to new healthy ideas, so please share. xx
♥ ♥ ♥