Last Days of Autumn

Canal in Autumn

I hope everyone is keeping well.  I just wanted to apologise for my absense, I had a viral infection that completely wiped me out and have not been in the mood for much to be honest.  I am getting my energy back though and hoping to catch up with reading and also do my review of Beside Myself by Ann Morgan which I finished last week.

As for Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, I got to 200 pages and realized that I just wasn’t enjoying it so have put that aside for now in favour of The Girl with all The Gifts by M.R Carey.  So fingers crossed I like this one!

This photo was taken by The Royal Canal in Dublin, one of my favourite places locally.  I am so lucky to have such an oasis of calm in the centre of my busy Dublin town. I take a walk on the canal every morning with my son on the way to school.  It really is beautiful and I can see why W.B Yeats had such an affinity with his local canal too, albeit a different one. His inspiration was The Grand Canal in Dublin.

I hope you like the photo I chose this week, Autumn is a beautiful season and I am always captivated by the array of colour.  This picture captures all that I love about Autumn.  I am also on Instagram and can be found @stardustincolour. Have a great weekend everyone xx

♥ ♥ ♥

Advertisements

44 thoughts on “Last Days of Autumn

• sfarnell says:

Haha… I’ve done that before and the fact that you thought that itself makes me feel ill. But that I attribute to my advancing years, you don’t look like you’re there yet! 😉
        Although I think this week has gone quickly, I don’t know about you… probably not now lol.
        I was reading your about and you said you don’t like small talk… what small talk don’t you like? I ask as I’m just curious and want to get to know a fellow bloggie a little better. 🙂
        Is it raining over there?

• Nicola | Rust and Stardust says:

Haha, the small talk question. I was wondering when someone might ask me about that !!! I am referring mainly to talk of the weather etc. I find a lot of small talk is just a barrier to really getting to know someone. I like to get to know people on a deeper level and if I am seeing the same face every day for months and conversation hasn’t advanced beyond small talk, I just find it dull and pointless. I hope that explains it somewhat?

It has been raining in Dublin most of the day. I went for my morning walk during a really heavy downpour and felt really invigorated after it. How bout where you are?

• sfarnell says:

This is difficult, because I love both, I have just dogs now, one I ‘inherited’ when my mum passed away. But I also love cats too.
        I’m right handed.
        This last one is hard… I’m not sure at all, but I will say:
        1) A big Comfy bed
        2) A tent to cover it
        3) A cowboy hat.

What about you? Same questions back… 🙂

• Nicola | Rust and Stardust says:

Good answers, a comfy bed is a must 😉 So do you wear a cowboy hat on a daily basis ?
        I would have to say I am a cat person because they are more independent and I like my personal space so don’t like overly needy pets. That said, I do love dogs and I would love the company of a dog on my daily walks. I just wouldn’t be able to commit to a dog right now.

I am left handed and so are my two brothers. My dad was too but had it beaten out of him in school when he was a child as it was frowned upon to be left handed. I don’t know if that happened in the UK too?

Narrowing down 3 things to bring on an island is very difficult. I would have to say my ear plugs, vaseline for my lips and hand moisturiser. I get very irritable if I have dry skin and I am a very light sleeper so there you go 🙂

• sfarnell says:

I like how our answers are so different. Yes a comfy bed is a must, im surprised you didn’t have that on your list, you’ll need to fond someone else eith one 😉 especially being a light sleeper. I want a stetsun hat, i thi k they’re so cool and i burn easily, so useful too.
        Ive always loved cats and dogs and was brought up with both. I know what you mean about the indepence though.
        Nothing wrong with bei g left handed, but the same attitude could be found in england in those days too. Kinda shit really.
        So i know more about you too… I now have your post to look forward to so i can find out more. I love the irish accent btw… I love the irish to be honest. The ones i met have been good people. I think you are too… ☺

• Nicola | Rust and Stardust says:

Ah thank you, I try to be a good person but like everyone I have my flaws.

A lot of people like the irish accent, it seems to be a popular one. I love the northern irish accent. I think its so lovely, very different from down south.

I will do my best to get round to that tag but be warned, I am 3 months behind on my tags. I got so overwhelmed with them that I stopped doing them for a while !!! 😦

• sfarnell says:

You’ve been a good person to me, I I judge you on that. I bet there’s dome amazing scenery in Ireland, I would love to visit one day.
        I can see how one can get behind with tags, I’ve got the technique for them nailed now and can get them done in about an hour normally. But I can’t wait to see yours…I’m hoping for some interesting fact finding about you 😜
        Have you had a good weekend? What hy Ave you been up to?

• Nicola | Rust and Stardust says:

Sounds like a good technique, I just find that when I do get an hour to spare that I need to do a regular post or else my whole blog would be tags. Time is my major issue, I just about have enough time to do one or possibly two posts a week if I am lucky 🙂

I had a quiet enough weekend but the one coming will be a busy one packed with swimming lessons and bday parties for my son. I might try squeeze in coffee with one of my friends that I haven’t seen for a couple of months. Yourself, any plans?

• sfarnell says:

I’m finding I’m diverting more writing time to my writing blog, sure I still pot posts on here with written content but I’m trying to make this a more general blog. However, If I left it it would quickly turn into an awards blog lol
        My weekend wasn’t quiet I’m afraid. I’m not sure if I was glad to get back to work and will probbaly be the same this weekend too. If not, then I have a ton of jobs to do and all I want to do it write…
        Always good chatting to you though. I would like to chat more… do you chat much off WP? Are you a twitter person?

• Nicola | Rust and Stardust says:

I found your writing blog this morning actually and started following it. I haven’t had a chance to read anything yet as it has been a hectic day.

I don’t really talk to many bloggers off WordPress to be honest mainly because I don’t have the time and although I would love to be on Twitter I heard its quite time consuming. I am on Instagram though, are you?

1. bloggeretterized says:

What a fantastic shot! Love it. Fall is my favorite season, the color change in leaves is so mesmerizing and magical to me.
    Hope you like Melanie’s story. She is a very peculiar little girl. I enjoyed that book a lot.
    Don’t worry about us, we’ll be here. Take good care of your health and get well soon.

2. Melanie Noell Bernard says:

Ah! This is a beautiful picture, Nicola! Fall is my favorite season because of the colors and the rain and this embodies that atmosphere perfectly. Also, sorry to hear about your infection. I do hope that you’re feeling better now so that you can enjoy the Fall weather before it gets too cold. ^.^

3. Nicola | Rust and Stardust says:

Yes I love this time of year Melanie, the leaves have gone a more yellow colour now and I’d say give it another week and they will be mostly gone. Its feeling like Winter all of a sudden! But you know what, I don’t mind the Winter all that much because I love layering up my clothes and indulging my hat and scarf habit. I have a different set for every day of the week. Lol 🙂 The only downside to Winter is all the bugs that are going around and having a school age child who brings everything home, its hard to escape them all !!!