Fancied a Change

sky

Hi lovely blogger friends πŸ™‚ Some of you may or may not have noticed that Book Bunny is no more.Β  Yes I fancied a little change, hence the new blog title – Rust and Stardust !!!Β  These words hold special meaning for me and are taken from a poem in Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.Β  This is the last verse :

My car is limping, Dolores Haze,
And the last long lap is the hardest,
And I shall be dumped where the weed decays,
And the rest is rust and stardust.

Vladimir Nabokov | Lolita

Another reason that I changed my blog title is because I don’t want to limit myself only to bookish posts and would like to broaden my content to include a little more about myself and my interests.Β  I am really excited about this and am looking forward to thinking outside the box for this blog and shuffling things around a bit.Β  A change is always good.Β  Thanks for reading guys and I hope you are all having a great weekend xx

Lolita quote 2

Advertisements

20 thoughts on “Fancied a Change

1. cwreads says:

Oh my gosh, I saw your ‘Rust and Stardust’ and was like “AHHHHHH LOLITA”. I desperately want to reread it again, because I feel like it’s a book that is appreciated more upon second reading.

I look forward to reading more about you and things outside books. πŸ™‚ While I love reading book reviews, I like knowing how people are doing in their lives! Super excited and all the best with this change! ❀

Liked by 1 person

• Nicola | Rust and Stardust says:

Yay I’m so glad that you recognised my new name from the quote in Lolita. You know what? I really want to re-read it too. I last read it 10 years ago. I know lolita is somewhat controversial but I love it and think Nabokov’s writing is beautiful πŸ™‚

Thanks for your lovely supportive comment, it means a lot to me. Have a great day xx

Liked by 1 person

2. Magdalena says:

Congratulations on your decision! Books can make us more vulnerable, and sometimes just let us escape from everyday world; but for you it’s like a journey into your own world, which you will kindly share – even if only a bit:) – with all the readers:))
    Love the name!

Liked by 1 person

• Nicola | Rust and Stardust says:

Thank you for that. I completely agree, those three words are magical together and I have always been inlove with that poem. I often wonder what people think of me when I say that Lolita is one of my favourite books but unless you have read it, its easy to hastily judge it. I’m glad to know I am not alone in my admiration for Nabokov’s writing πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

3. Melanie Noell Bernard says:

Ah! I like this post! I have actually been staring at my own blog now for the past week (which is sad since the blog is barely a month old) and going ‘well… that’s a boring name’. I’ve debated changing it, but I’m not sure. I mean, the blog is supposed to be about my adventure/journey/hero’s travels(:p) toward becoming a novelist (and I kind of suck at naming things. I have like title ADD to the max.) But I think this is great. It’s a very cute title! ^.^

Liked by 1 person

4. Paul S says:

Rust and Stardust is a wonderful title and the perfect description of Nabokov’s elegant writing. The rust is found in the elements of Lolita where you want to look away because the words burn too strongly.The stardust is found everywhere else: woven through every sentence and chapter.

Liked by 1 person