What Are You Reading Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Its A Reading Thing. This is my first week to participate so I am really excited to get started. All you need to do to participate is open the book that you are currently reading to page 34. If you have an ebook, go to 34% and answer the following 3 questions:
1. What’s the name of your current read?
2. Go to page 34 in your book or 34% in your ebook and share a complete sentence (or two)?
3. Would you like to live in the world that exists within your book? Why or why not?
Feel free to leave a link to your (What Are You Reading Wednesday) post in my comments section. I would love to read your answers!
1. This week I am reading “Surviving The Evacuation. Book One: London” by Frank Tayell.
2. He grabbed at her arms and tried to push her away, to hold her back, but she kept violently thrashing, her mouth snapping open and closed. With each twitch and jerk, her teeth got closer to his skin.
3. There is not a chance I would like to exist in an apocalyptic or post apocalyptic world. That is the beauty of the dystopian genre. It is so far removed from our current reality that it is the best form of escapism. When I re-engage with my own world, I can breathe a sigh of relief. For me, that is the best feeling ever 🙂